Preparing Invitations to Innovative Companies “Virtual Energy Management System”
In order to achieve the CAPACON goal of delivering product improvements on the three technological focuses the project partners have prepared a “virtual energy management system”. Most companies oare developing complementary knowledge and products on SI-AT crosborder area.
With proper products combination, they can lead to new and more complex products systems with higher added value.
Therefore, in order to provide improvements to companies, we have linked the research and measuring equipment of 3 cross border laboratories:
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Informatics, Laboratory for Power Electrotechnics – Slovenia
- Fachhochschule Kärnten – Laboratory for Electrical Energy & Mobility Systems, Austria
- Forschung Burgenland GmbH – Laboratory of the Department of Energy and Environmental Management, Austria
We shall focus on:
HIGH EFFICIENCY POWER CONVERTERS
high power efficiency converters,
– low mass and volume,
– optimization of magnetic components,
– increase of switching frequency,
– soft switching and
– use of new semiconductor elements (SiC, GaN)
ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS
focus on batteries and battery systems such as
– energy storage for static and mobile applications in, for example,
– products to support the effective use of renewable energy sources,
– vehicle electrification products,
– high quality battery systems,
– charging and protection systems, as well as in
– systems for managing batteries, components and system integration
DEVICES AND SYSTEMS FOR IMPROVING ENERGY EFFICIENCY
focus on efficient energy use in buildings and the distribution network,
– products such as smart and energy efficient devices,
– renewable energy production systems,
– energy management and optimization of the operation of the electricity system,
– interaction with smart grid, components and system integration
Mapped Innovative Companies can expect communication to connect products to CAPACON EMS at the beginning of August 2018.
If you think that you belong to such companies, contact us at email@example.com for product testing and final recommendations.
THE EXPERT COMMISION
On three CAPACON technology focuses, the expert commission will select 1 promising example per focus.
3 Selected Use Cases will receive comprehensive consideration and recommendations in terms of achieving higher connectivity and greater energy efficiency, possibile advancement inside the value chain of the product and higher added value.
In this way, the partners are combining the existing knowledge, competences and R&I capacity of companies (industry and SMEs), research organizations and stakeholders in the technology-intensive and research-intensive field of ENERGY CONVERSION AND MANAGEMENT on cross-border area of Slovenia and Austria.
Kindly invited! More to come. CAPACON team